Whittaker’s Estate Agents are committed to respecting your privacy, please read the following noticeto understand how your information will be treated. This privacy notice applies to all personalinformation that you or a third party provide to us.
As a data controller we take data protection seriously and comply with all relevant legislation when handling any personal information given or received from you or third parties.
This is the personal data we collect
- Telephone / contact numbers
- e-mail address
- Personal ID / Signature
- Correspondence between us
- Other related information to support your legal right to sell a property and or your financial ability to buy.
You will have the opportunity to indicate if you wish to receive marketing and other forms of communications from us when you provide your personal data to us.
This is how we collect your personal data
- When you contact us by telephone or in person
- When you view our website and submit your information through our web enquiry form
- When you request further information about our services / properties for sale and send your personal data to us through a third party website such as Rightmove / Zoopla and the like or through social media
- During the course of purchasing a property from us
- When you provide us with any other information we request
This is why we collect your personal data
- To be able to respond to and progress your enquiry needs
- To notify you about changes to our properties or services
- To allow us to inform you of properties which we feel maybe of interest to you
- To progress your enquiry to contracts and completion of your purchase
- To satisfy any legal obligations including Anti-Money laundering checks
This is how we use your personal data
- To inform you of our properties and services
- To ensure that content from our web-site along with Rightmove / Zoopla and the like is presented in the most effective manner
- To progress your enquiry, sale or purchase of a property
This is how we share your personal data
Should you consider selling or purchasing a property through us we may share your information with selected third parties. These companies are requires to ensure appropriate security measures are in place and maintain the confidentiality of your information. These third parties can include, but are not limited to mortgage or finance providers, conveyancing solicitors and other estate agents, legal and professional advisors. This information will only be used by us in relation to your enquiry, sale or purchase of a property. The information will not be used for any other purpose.
Under limited circumstances your personal information may be disclosed to third parties as permitted by, or to comply with applicable laws and regulations, for instance, when responding to subject access requests, proceedings of a court of law or similar legal process, to protect against fraud and to otherwise co-operate with law enforcement or regulatory authorities.
This is why we are allowed to process your personal data and for how long
We are allowed to process your personal data because we ;
- Are entering into or have entered into a contract with you, for example to sell a property
- Have a legal obligation to process your personal data, for example for Anti-Money laundering purposes
- Have a legitimate business interest in processing your personal data and that interest does not impact your rights and freedoms as a data subject. This is to allow us to up-date ourrecords and to contact / send you marketing materials for which we believe you have expressed an interest
Data processed for enquiry purposes will be held for the length of time we are actively selling homes in the area you have requested information about. Or until you ask us to remove it.
Storage of your personal information
We will store digital and or hard copy data on our premises. We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures. The information supplied to us via the enquiry forms on our web site or third party web sites such as Rightmove, Zoopla or the like or social media is held on computers and servers hosted by a third party – Bright Logic Ltd.
Links from our web site
If you reach our web site via an external link or click a link to an external site from our web site our Privacy Notice will not apply. We are not responsible for the accuracy of third party web sites.
When providing your personal data you will be asked how you want us to contact you. You can either unsubscribe or change how we contact you at any time. We want to keep your personal information up to date but will rely on you to advise us if any of the information given has changed.
You have the following rights with respect to your personal information ;
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Our business and data processing registration details
Whittaker’s Estate Agents, 125 Lea Gate, Harwood, Bolton. BL2 4BQ
Tel: 01204 593500 e-mail
Data protection registration number - ZA390801