IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE ESTATE AGENCY ACT 1979
A commission fee of either a fixed fee or a percentage of the agreed final selling price (to be agreed
prior to instruction) will be charged on a no sale no fee basis with no minimum duration. For example an agreed fixed fee of say £ 1,600.00 + 20% VAT £ 320.00 = £ 1,920.00 payable, Whereas based on propriety of £ 200,000 with a percentage of say 1% equates to £ 2,000.00 + 20% VAT £ 400.00 = £ 2,400.00 payable
Cancellation of this contract is by one week’s written notice by either party.
Our commission charges are fully inclusive off all fees and expenses. This means that you will not have to pay any further sums to the amounts agreed as stated above. If you require an EPC Certificate, they are charged at £45.83 +20%VAT £9.17 = £55.00
Whittaker’s Estate Agents will have sole selling rights until either party terminates this Agreement in writing. This means you will be liable to pay remuneration to us, in addition to any other costs or charges agreed, in each of the following circumstances.
- If unconditional contracts for the sale of the property are exchanged in the period during which we have sole selling rights even if the purchaser was not found by us but by another agent, or by any person including yourself.
- If unconditional contracts for the sale of the property are exchanged after the expiry of the period during which we have sole selling rights but to a purchaser who was introduced to you during that period or with whom we had negotiations about the property during that period.
- You will also be liable to pay our commission charge should you part exchange your property with a builder or any other person including anyone introduced by yourself within our agency period.
- When the contract is signed away from our office The Consumer Rights Act 2015 provides a 14 day “Cooling Off Period / Right to Cancel” period, this means marketing of the property cannot begin until the 14 days have elapsed. Should you wish the contract to start before the end of the “Cooling Off / Right to cancel” period you must instruct us to do so in writing.
- Legal – we can generate free fixed price quotations from our Solicitor’s portal supplied by Legal Brookers Ltd. It is totally your decision whether or not to deal with Legal Brookers Ltd. should you decide to use their service you should know that we receive a referral fee of £75.00 + 20% VAT £ 15.00 = £ 90.00 for a sale / purchase or £100.00 + 20%VAT £20.00 = £120.00 for both sale and purchase for recommending you to them.
- Financial – Should you require any financial / mortgage advice we routinely refer clients to Pia Financial Solutions Ltd. It is totally your decision whether or not to deal with Pia Financial Solutions Ltd. In making that decision you should be aware that we would receive a referral fee (which varies on services provided) to an average value of £130.00 (exempt from VAT)